Friday, January 23, 2009

Yates "The Great Wall" Grand








This is a short film I made with the help of my buddy Todd Grabe. Some friends and I purchased a ping-pong table and put it in my basement. Let's just say the competition got heated. It reached ridiculous levels when I spent 100$ on a custom ping-pong paddle, and bought exclusive, form-fitting table tennis active wear. The Yates Grand character was born from such lunacy.

The film was a runner-up in the 2003 Grain Belt Beer Local Legend Film Festival, a finalist in the Babylon Theater Film Festival and a mainstay at the Square Lake Film and Music Festival for years.

Take note of the striking similarities to the Hollywood film Balls of Fury. We made our film 5 years before that movie was released. I'm not sayin' we were ripped off, I'm just sayin'.